Monday, March 11, 2013

Lao Tzu becomes Holy Shih Tzu

When I found this smiling monk in Baguio, I was not even thinking that a journey to a thousand miles begins with a single step. That Lao Tzu said so. Back then I was more concerned with Lao Tzu's idea of teaching men how to fish so they  can eat fish everyday for a lifetime. I never got to read the article I submitted to the ILS digest about Lao Tzu since by the time the article got published, I was already wandering in America with Lao Tzu in my pocket.

I named the smiling monk carved from acasia wood I found in Baguio Lao Tzu. Lao in Mandarin could be old and Tzu means master.  I am good at name-calling but I did not have the heart to call him Pha Khin What or Pha Khin Who because Lao Tzu is not just any Pha Khin Thing to me, he is the Old Master.  I was sort of revering the Holy Shit!



Lao Tzu becomes Holy Shih Tzu.

Maybe in two weeks, when the new Holy See has been selected, I will revert him to Lao Tzu. He is not even a dog.  Shit happens*, this is what this post is all about!

Footnotes:

*Shit happens in the urban dictionary means universal religious concept, dickhead!

No comments: